Saturday 12 April 2008

I think I love you



Happy 58th birthday today to the lovely David Cassidy - erstwhile former member of the cheesy Partridge Family and teen heart-throb of the early 1970s.

It is unbelievable to think just how much of a stir David caused when he burst onto the music scene - with his tight satin trousers and androgynous pretty-boy looks, he was chased, screamed at and generally mobbed by hordes of teenage girls (and, more subtly, lusted over by queens of all ages) in a way not seen since the Beatles a generation earlier.

Bizarrely at the time my pre-teenage crush was (gulp!) Donny Osmond, but I was not immune to David's charms. I do know he was Madame Arcati's favourite, though, and he still is today...

And David is still cute even now, as he - unbelievably - heads towards sixty! Here he is at the height of his fame:


I Think I Love You, indeed.

David Cassidy official website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]