Sunday 4 January 2009

The future’s bright, the future’s electronic?



Naming some of their "hot picks" for musical success in 2009, the BBC predicts the soundtrack to the next twelve months will be electronic - a throwback (or tribute) to the glory days of the early 1980s synthesizer experimentalists.

BBC Hot Picks 2009

So, intrigued by this concept (being a child of that very electro era myself), I thought I'd investigate some of the names on their list. Amongst the usual studenty, arthouse dross and faux-"street" artists, these three rather piqued my interest. See what you think...

La Roux:


The rather cute Frankmusik:


Little Boots:


I wish them every success, but in the meantime, here's a taste of some real 1980s electronic music masters at work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]