Sunday 19 April 2009

I was in a car crash, or was it the war? Well, I've never been quite the same



Author, fantasist and downright strange person J.G. Ballard is dead. Although he was feted for his childhood memoir (latterly produced on screen by Steven Spielberg) Empire Of the Sun, and treated with shock and awe for his other famous work that became a film (by David Cronenburg, no less) Crash, it is for the influence his surreal science fiction short stories had upon music that we should truly recognise this man.

For amongst those songs ostensibly influenced by his work are these beloved classics...




JG Ballard obituary in the Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]