Tuesday 12 May 2009

That Dress, That Dress



Wow! I never thought I would ever be so fascinated by women's tits before...

We went along to "The Tease Show" at Koko (formerly the Camden Palais) last night, and what a spectacular event it was! The show was hosted by MC Julian Clary, whose repartee was filthier and costumes more camp than I have seen him in do a long time, and he held the whole thing together brilliantly.

Some of the best burlesque performers in the business performed stunning routine after stunning routine - Catherine D'Lish and her naughty champagne bubble bath, Pearl Noire and her flawless Josephine Baker impression; and we were blown away the amazing Oriental and Egyptian costumes of Miss Kalani Kokonuts.

Toning down the boob-heavy content a little, the hilarious Glitter Bandits camped it up in silver leggings and performed a couple of their unique "dance routines". Best of all was our headline act Immodesty Blaize, who has the most fantastic array of frocks (despite the fact that inevitably they all come off) - her recreation of Erte's iconic poster image "Symphony in Black" was a work of genius; and my word, can that girl ride a rocking horse?!

But top of the bill for me was Marc Almond, performing some appropriately-themed and previously unheard material with the help of the excellent big band, looking and sounding great as always. A superb night's entertainment, and my very first female strip show (of sorts).


Immodesty Blaize website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]