Sunday 27 September 2009

C'est ci Bon, indeed...



It is a sunny Sunday, and I am in the mood for some campy music by a 50s/60s wannabe diva - and who better to fill the bill than the lovely Jane Morgan?

Some little-known facts about Jane:
  • Although American, she was a contender to sing the UK Eurovision entry in 1959.
  • Jane made her big break in showbiz in 'Club des Champs Elysées' in Paris.
  • She was the first to have a hit with What Now My Love?, the English version of an old French chanson.
  • She took over the lead in Mame on Broadway from Angela Lansbury in 1969.
  • at the ripe old age of 88, she currently lives in retirement in Malibu and Palm Springs, California.
And here's the lady herself - her natural home was Scopitone:



Jane Morgan biography at Musician Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]