Wednesday 27 January 2010

"I cook like Betty Crocker and I look like Donna Reed"



Convoluted connections, #274 in a series...

I was fascinated to note a link between two of today's celebrity birthdays. For born on this day were both that surprisingly sexless hunk who starred in A Summer Place Troy Donahue (1936-2001)*, and the doyenne of Hollywood's ideal "American housewives", the actress Donna Reed (1921-1986).

The connection? Both were name-checked in songs of which I am particularly fond... And here are those very songs, from Grease and Little Shop Of Horrors, respectively. Enjoy!



[* Mr Donahue, of course, also appeared in Grease as "Teen Angel"]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]