Saturday 1 May 2010

He shouldn't-a, Hadn't-a, Oughtn't-a swang on me



Sad news this week of the death of Miss Dorothy Provine, star of It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, That Darn Cat! and The Great Race. I have blogged about her before, and she always made me smile.

In the early 1960s Miss Provine was the star of a short-lived TV show called The Roaring Twenties, which Madam Arcati loved so much we went on a mission to find the soundtrack on vinyl LP - and found it!

Here's a clip from that series:


Here she is holding her own against Ethel Merman!


And here is the scene from The Great Race for which we remember her most fondly...


RIP, Dorothy Michelle Provine (20th January 1935 – 25th April 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]