Wednesday 25 August 2010

Shaken, not stirred



"I admit I'm being paid well, but it's no more than I deserve. After all, I've been screwed more times than a hooker."

Happy 80th birthday today to Scotland's greatest export, Sir Thomas Sean Connery!

The original (and some may argue, the best) James Bond, Mr Connery in fact began his career as a bodybuilder and model, before being talent-spotted for the movies.



Right from the start, his tough Edinburgh upbringing became the talk of the gossip columns, not least for the occasion when he knocked out the gangster boyfriend of one of his early co-stars Lana Turner, and his womanising (and views on women in general) were controversial.

Nevertheless, it seems that many women (and queens) of my acquaintance would gladly fall at the great man's feet given half a chance. The sexiness of Sean Connery has somewhat eluded me personally, I have to admit - but if I were Natalie Wood in this clip from his first starring role in the film Darby O'Gill and the Little People and I had stumbled across him in the woods, I think I would have done more than listen to him sing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]