Saturday 18 September 2010

Pope? Nope!



Today John-John and I are joining the "Protest the Pope" rally and march through London.

Read more about the rally

Many are the evils associated with this man - not least his opposition to contraception, condom use and embryonic stem cell research, the cover-up of child sex abuse by Catholic clergy, his rehabilitation of the Holocaust-denying bishop Richard Williamson, and his decree paving the way for the beatification and sainthood of the war-time Pope Pius XII, who stands accused of failing to speak out against the Holocaust.

Ratzinger describes gay people as as the 'destruction of God's work' and 'evil'. He condemns atheists as Nazis - yet he was himself a member of the Hitler Youth.

To top it all, it is our taxes that are paying for this bigot to preach this bollocks on British soil! It makes me so angry, I have to play something to soothe my furrowed brow. And what more appropriate song than this?


This was an illuminating documentary: The Trouble with the Pope

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]