Sunday 27 June 2010

Glittering diva



On this scorching hot Sunday, I thought I'd cool things down a bit and enter a world occasionally touched upon here at Dolores Delargo Towers - the world of culture (with a capital "K").

On this date 78 years ago the late, sadly lamented and truly beautiful opera diva Anna Moffo was born. Described by critics as "one of the leading lyric-coloratura sopranos of her generation", Miss Moffo never quite reached the levels of fame and adulation reserved for Maria Callas, Elizabeth Schwarzkopf or Joan Sutherland, yet hers was a beautiful voice, and one to be celebrated.

And she wore glittering frocks, jewels and evening gloves with aplomb! Enjoy...



Anna Moffo biography article in Opera News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]