Monday 30 May 2011

Reine de la Nuit



Once again, a Bank Holiday - and once again, a Tacky Music Monday!

One of our favourite French divas here at Dolores Delargo Towers is the lovely Régine. Famous (if not notorious!) for the invention of the modern-day "discothèque" (with DJs replacing the jukebox), she went on to run a multi-million pound nightclub empire unsurprisingly called Régine's - no wonder her nickname is Reine de la Nuit ("Queen of the Night"). We have several albums of hers, and they are fabulous!

I should really dedicate a whole entry to this fabulously camp woman on my other blog - Dolores Delargo Towers Museum of Camp - but let us just revel in some of her music for the moment...




Régine official website (in French, of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]