Sunday 7 August 2011

Funking in the park



We are off to Regent's Park today, where about thirty of us will be gathering for our annual picnic to celebrate my and my sister's (and Houseboy Alex's) birthdays. The weather forecast is for showers, perhaps heavy, around 4pm. However, being true Brits we are just going to pack brollies, food and copious quantities of booze and enjoy it, whatever happens...

Latin jazz band Samara are playing at the bandstand, so that should add to a summery feel to the day. Members of the ensemble have played with great artists such as Loose Tubes, Carmel and Tanita Tikaram, so there is a good pedigree. This number is just a foretaste:


I am looking forward to it immensely!

4 comments:

  1. me too - it's been bright and mostly sunny since 6am ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6am?! Isn't that about the time one gets in off the night bus (after a heavy night's rioting and looting)? Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was a lovely day - thanks for inviting me xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even soaked to the skin we had a most fabulous time! I can't wait to see the photos... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]