Tuesday 16 August 2011

Gay icons don't come much bigger


Madonna at the Vanity Fair party, Oscars 2011

Happy 53rd birthday today to Miss Madonna Louise Ciccone! Always a house favourite here at Dolores Delargo Towers, the lady remains a world-beating megastar - bigger than Mega-Babs, Celine Dion, Janet Jackson or Whitney Houston, and bigger than Cher, Britney and Beyoncé put together!

According to a rather good article by the lovely Alex Hopkins in Time Out:
Gay icons don't come much bigger than Madonna. "She is a timeless force of nature who has challenged sexism, ageism and homophobia. The older she gets, the more powerful she becomes".
Indeed! And almost thirty years on from her debut in the music industry, she is most definitely not finished yet...

As uber-blonde "actress" Abbie Cornish breaks the amazing news that megastar multi-millionaire Madonna may be more intelligent than she is, so we wait with bated breath for the launch of Our Glorious Leader's directorial feature film debut W.E. The movie, which intertwines the real-life love story of Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson with a more modern relationship, will premiere at the Venice and Toronto film festivals in September 2011.

A busy birthday girl indeed, Madonna is already in the midst of recording her 12th studio album after beginning work on it in June. Now that is something for which I cannot wait! Let us hope it is more Confessions On A Dancefloor than the too-"urban" Hard Candy...

Over at my other blog Dolores Delargo Towers - Museum of Camp, Madge in all her glamorously photographed finery is our latest exhibit - check it out.

Over here, it's time for a classic, methinks. Strike a pose, there's nothing to it!


Madonna official website

4 comments:

  1. Fab Post! HB to the Queen of All Things! xoxoMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've driven everyone on FB mad with videos all day counting down to my 3 favourite Madonna songs EVER…

    Save you the time and hassle

    In reverse order

    3 - Borderline

    2 - Like A Prayer

    1 - Papa Don't Preach

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore all three of those, but I have such a soft spot for "Like A Prayer"... And "Vogue", too, of course! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bow once again to my queen!

    As for my faves: I would probably say You´ll See, Vogue and La Isla Bonita...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]