Saturday 10 September 2011

And a new day will dawn for those who stand long, and the forest will echo the laughter

The weather is warm and muggy, and we keep our fingers crossed that it stays dry for tonight's Proms in the Park.

Among the acts appearing tonight is (bizarrely) a man who, despite being on TV since I was a boy, never seems to look any different - that imported National Teasure, Mr Rolf Harris!

Here he is, paying due deference to a rock classic...


I am looking forward to the performance (and fingers crossed, Westlife might fall off the stage)!

2 comments:

  1. I watched highlights on BBC last night - it looked like it stayed dry if chilly …

    Westlife weren't terrible - I only stayed with them for one song - I had the benefit of the red button & could switch to coverage from the Albert Hall …

    Hope you all had a fab evening, I did think about the Radio2 in the Park show tonight with Will Young & Gary Barlow but I don't trust the weather …

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, Rolf was THE star... We had a fab time! Today's R2 extravaganza does have quite a good line-up (James Blunt being the exception of course), but two events in one weekend would be untenable (on the pocket). It's cocked up my Sunday listening schedule, too!

    Funny enough they were still pushing tickets as the live coverage started this afternoon, so it doesn't seem as popular as The Proms... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]