Saturday 17 September 2011

The coolest bar



We paid a flying visit to Brighton yesterday - mainly to see Jen and Stu, but also coincidentally because their Mum Carol and Dad Robert (Madam Arcati's sister and brother-in-law) were there to celebrate his birthday.



A lovely afternoon, browsing the vintage shops of North Lanes, then off to Kemp Town for a steak meal, ending up in a typically wild'n'wacky bar The Black Dove, where the music is chilled and the booze is from all continents - a fab time was had by all!

The Black Dove has several weird and mysterious original artworks on its walls (amongst the junk-shop memorabilia and old photographs), including this one...


It has been dubbed "Brighton's coolest bar", and I must agree it is rather special - read more

2 comments:

  1. my what a busy weekend you've had - puts my lazy weekend to shame but work has been (and continues to be mad) with my colleague away and I made a point of keeping all work nights free and had an indulgent weekend.

    I like Brighton and having not gone for Pride this year it looks like I wont be visiting there at all this year - the first year since 1995 that I've not had at least a day in Brighton.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always try and get at least one vist to Brighton in if we can. The other pilgrimage is of course Amsterdam, but that is looking more and more remote - second best, and all that! Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]