Thursday 8 September 2011

You say "potato" and I say "Kartoffel"



Yesterday I wished a happy (60th) birthday to one of the grande dames of late 70s/early 80s "New Wave", Miss Chrissie Hynde - who, alongside Miss Debbie Harry was an estimable contribution from America to that great musical melting-pot that shaped my generation.

In Europe, too, the punk "revolution" unleashed some magnificent talents upon the music scene. One of these has always had a special place in my heart - Miss Nina Hagen!

Of late, this marvellous lady (recently described by one critic as "she makes Lady GaGa look Amish") has taken to fronting a full big band orchestra, to great effect. Here at Dolores Delargo Towers, we have recently started to assemble her back catalogue, and this is one of our favourites...


Nina Hagen on MySpace

2 comments:

  1. I have always had a big soft spot for Miss Hagen - truly a unique talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is magnificent! (And pre-dated Bjork by several years...) Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]