Tuesday 1 November 2011

I got the music in me



It's time again for some more recent musical discoveries...

To open, here's a great duet between the sassy Jessica 6 (whose last fab single I featured in March) and none other than Antony (of the Johnsons fame). Very classy, this has a definite late-night chill-out feel about it...


Once more I am indebted to the lovely Henry at Barbarella's Galaxy for keeping me up-to-date with the wild'n'wacky world of Scandipop. Here's a bizarre (and very good) "tribute" to the now-demised supergroup Aha by Danish electro-popsters du jour Electric Lady Lab:


And then there is the return of super-Swede Agnes (recent comment on Pop Trash Addicts: "It took me a while to warm to Agnes but I eventually overcame her complete lack of personality"), with a song called Don't Go Breaking My Heart, that isn't the one by Elton John and Kiki Dee... It is fab, anyhow!


Here's a jolly little number by the bizarrely-named New York combo Tayisha Busay, described by one reviewer as "connoisseurs of excess"! Very catchy indeed...


Ironically (fortuitously?) in the very week that the M25 marks its 25th anniversary, we have the welcome return of a band named after the road that is dubbed "Britain's biggest car park", Orbital, with a video that takes us on a topical road trip... Hypnotic stuff!


Finally, speaking of retro, here's something that sounds like it was lifted straight out of The Hacienda circa 1984 - it's the faboo Elodie!


Happy listening, dear reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]