Friday 16 December 2011

Take it easy



Many happy returns to Mr Benny Andersson, who celebrates his 65th birthday today!

There is very little I really need to say about the genius behind the music of Abba, of Chess and of much, much more. Thus, let us instead celebrate the last weekend before the madness that is Xmas by slipping on our best white platforms and satin suits, and boogie along with this catchy number from the big man's repertoire...


Thank Disco It's Friday!

Benny Andersson on Wikipedia

5 comments:

  1. He is my idea of a god-like tunesmith.

    Little Abba fact for you: Benny only took solo lead on one Abba track. A song called Suzy-Hang-Around. Apparently he hates it! Thanks for blogging J-Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised the track is not more well known... :-)

    See you Sunday! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My white satin suit is on...Ready to go! :) Have a Festive one! Cheers xoxoMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers, my dear! Merry "Bah Humbug" to you, too! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. JON! Kylie just tweeted about my blog! I just had to tell you and thank you for getting me into blogger! A highlight of my year... http://shineonandon.blogspot.com/p/km-pic-of-day.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]