Sunday 11 March 2012

Music à la mode



Time again for some more newer music that has caught my ear...

As the sunshine today makes us dream of Summer, so our first number is most appropriate. Insanely catchy - in fact just insane - this dancy number Skirts by Leeds-based "Brit-electro" band The Other Tribe does bring to mind pleasant thoughts of bopping in the middle of a field. The herald of another "Summer of Love", perhaps..?


Our own favourite Willy - Mr Young - has a new single, Losing Myself, due out on 18th March. The video is brilliant, and I can't wait to hear some remixes of the song...


Now here's a novel discovery - the most bizarre-looking Scandinavian dance diva Cazzi Opeia and her remarkably catchy My Heart in 2:



The Noughties' answer to the Beastie Boys, LMFAO have released the video for their latest single Sorry for Party Rocking, and it is another phantasmagorical epic - love it!


Among the teasers for her new album MDNA that Our Glorious Leader Queen Madge has been popping out this week, my personal favourite (appropriately enough) is the darkly electro Gang Bang. I can't wait for the album!


And finally, house favourite fierce rulin' diva here at Dolores Delargo Towers Luciana has a new single coming out. Her last smash Jump (with the Cube Guys) remains one of our anthems - and who can forget her collaboration with Betty White?. This time returning to her earlier partnership with Bodyrox, also featuring Chipmunk, and starring Boo the blue Staffie, it's Bow Wow Wow!


As always, enjoy! [As ever, let me know your thoughts.]

2 comments:

  1. I always look forward to these posts...

    I like the video for LMFAO a lot, but I am getting a bit tired of their songs (this one has been played to death over here for eternity). I have been resisting any spoilers from the Madonna album, so I cant comment (but I know that fans in general are going crazy over this track - the album is thankfully not so far away now, and I intend to remain spoiler free until I have it in my hands).

    I love the Will Young song - the album is by far his best to date, and the video is awesome. That said, I was hoping that "Hearts On Fire" would be a single, but this is still a great choice.

    Cazzi Opeia - thanks for that, didnt know about this track and me likes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree with you about LMFAO - they are masters of the promo, however. Glad you like the Cazzi Opeia one - one of the odder discoveries of late! Jx

      PS MDNA must be one of the most anticipated albums since "Aphrodite"!

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]