Wednesday 14 March 2012

To renew old memories



Another centenary today - Mr Les Brown, one of the great dance band leaders of the 30s and 40s.



Here he is, doing what he did best...


Mr Brown is perhaps most famous for launching the career of one Miss Doris Mary Kappelhoff (Doris Day). He wrote several songs for her, including this one - Sentimental Journey.

I have featured Miss Day's version several times before, so just to be perverse, I thought I'd let another house favourite here at Dolores Delargo Towers Miss Vikki Carr take the microphone with Mr Brown and his Band of Renown for a change...

Enjoy!

Les Brown on Wikipedia

4 comments:

  1. Speaking of Doris Day, she's "Star of the Month" on Turner Classic Movies for April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doris Day is "Star of the Month" every month here at Dolores Delargo Towers! Jx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. More than welcome dear - we LOVE Vikki Carr! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]