Saturday 19 May 2012

Grace-ful



Icon, muse, art-form, diva, innovator and downright scary bitch, Miss Grace Jones is 64 today...

Needless to say, the lady has always been an inspiration on me, ever since I first heard her version of Chrissie Hynde's Private Life way back in 1980 and, in 1981, one of the greatest albums ever - Nightclubbing.

To celebrate, here are just a few of her defining moments...






Grace Jones is our latest exhibit in the Dolores Delargo Towers Museum of Camp

Grace Jones on stardom, that Russell Harty interview, muscles and GaGa

3 comments:

  1. I have been so busy I did not have the change to post blogs about the birthday girls - love your tributes to Grace and of course my twin sister Cher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annoyingly, real life gets in the way sometimes... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]