Thursday 21 June 2012

Cruel



Today is the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year - almost, but not quite, the designated official Midsummer's Day (which, confusingly, falls on Sunday 24th).

Regardless, we in the UK inevitably (but especially this year) greet today with amazement. How can it be mid summer? It hasn't even started yet! Ad infinitum. [We wouldn't be Brits if we didn't talk about the weather, after all. And for weeks and weeks it has been shit...]

Enough of this shenanigans, let's leave it to Bananarama (again - in their 30th anniversary year) to sum it all up quite neatly - Cruel Summer, indeed!


PS Midsummer's Eve is a time associated with witches, magic, fairies and dancing. I'd better start planning my outfit for Saturday!

PPS The nights start drawing in from here, folks...

5 comments:

  1. True to form, it's pissing down outside... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It has been cruel, but we hope the pavements will be melting at some stage this year... Jx

      Delete
  3. It dawned on me today that the SAW gig in Hyde park is on the same day as July's Polari - what is a gay man to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as I don't have £48.50 to spare, I know my choice... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]