Wednesday 11 July 2012

Especially (not) for you



And so our bloody awful British summer has ripped the fun out of another major event - the great "Hit Factory Live" concert to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Stock Aitken and Waterman has been cancelled!

Most anticipated for the well-overdue reunion of Kylie and Jason to duet on stage for the first time in two decades, this extravaganza was also to include other greats from the PWL stable such as Bananarama, Sinitta, Dead or Alive, 2 Unlimited, Steps, Sonia, Rick Astley, Pepsi and Shirlie and Brother Beyond. Another world-class event ruined...

Here's a most appropriate song from Our Princess - No More Rain [please!!!]:


Have you ever thought that the sky was just endlessly dark
And then look up and see a million stars?
Have you ever been scared of the water and stuck on the edge,
And then you dive in?
how quickly you'll forget you fears that kept you awake at night
Now that I'm back in the light, so warm
I feel it like a...

Wave of love coming over me
Got a glitter drop fall and I’m on my knees
Got the sound of you ringing in my ears
Sun coming up on another day
Got a second hand chance gonna do it again
Got rainbow colours and no more rain

No more (rain)
no more (rain),
no more (rain),
no more.


[Thanks to the lovely Marky Marc for breaking the news to me]

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It think some warm towels might help us Brits at the moment... Jx

      Delete
  2. Such a shame! I understand that Pete is trying to make the event actually happen later this year, but nothing has been decided as of yet. Thankfully, you chose one of my favorite Kylie songs to lighten the mood ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard no announcement so far - and "cancellation" rather than "postponement" does sound a bit final... Jx

      Delete
  3. not the kind of news I like to break, but thanks! Now that I am over the shock of it...the cancellation does sound final...that's the part I don't get...hopefully some kind of make up show will be done (INDOORS!) :) xoxoMM

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]