Sunday 22 July 2012

Euterpean joys



Time again for another selection of newer choons on the turntable here at Dolores Delargo Towers!

First up, it's weird one. Unfortunately apparently a favourite of that gross waste of human DNA Chris Moyles, nonetheless the bizarre Sam and the Womp and their soon-to-be-chart-topper Bom Bom appeal to my tacky music passions... It's fun! [Eternal thanks to "Houseboy Alex" for this one!]


Courtesy of my fave cult Mancunians Tingle in the Netherlands, here's a new band - their protégés, if one may use that term - it's Fantasy by Factory Acts. Shades of Siouxsie, methinks...


It seems like only yesterday that we were talking about a new Scissor Sisters single Only The Horses, and raving over their Pride anthem Let's Have a Kiki - and now here's another new one! With a spectacular video, the latest release off the Magic Hour album is Baby Come Home. This is quite something...


...as is the fabulous "spoof commercial" for the album - check out the Scissor Sisters website.

Speaking of small gaps between songs, here's the new official release from Pet Shop Boys, an appropriately-titled number for the forthcoming madness that is The Olympics - Winner. [Their recently promoted track Invisible was just a "taster" for the album Elysium apparently].

The Boys are taking part in the Olympics closing ceremony (alongside Queen, Take That, Annie Lennox, Spice Girls, Oasis, George Michael, Ray Davies, Madness, Emeli Sandé, Kaiser Chiefs and One Direction, among many many others), so we should forgive them a little "bandwagon-jumping", I suppose:


A rather fab find is this track by someone calling himself Strip Steve, and featuring Puro Instinct - it's the ethereal Astral Projection:


The star of the week, however, is the latest single from the lovely Little Boots - it's rather disco-tastic! And I am sure I have been to this club... Here's Headphones:


Enjoy the music - and let me know your thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. Well, even though the PSB song is not up there with their best, I still like it. I also like the one from Little Boots and the track from Sam And The Womp is quite fun.

    I do however hate the one from Scissor Sister - I tried to get all the way through it when I saw the video a couple of weeks ago, but no luck. Just dreadful. But for every good song they release, there is always a handful of awful ones, so there is no surprise here (I did like "Only The Horses", "Fire With Fire", "Filthy/Gorgeous", "I Don't Feel Like Dancing" and especially "Invisible Light" - but pretty much the rest of their singles bore me to tears).

    I wonder if Factory Acts will release a video their song - it's not bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, the Scissor Sisters single is not exactly a classic, but I do adore them and always will...

      I would petition the lovely Tingle in the Netherlands duo if I were you, to get The Factory Acts a decent video! I think there is definitely potential there. Jx

      Delete
  2. I think you might enjoy this:

    http://youtu.be/eGCD4xb-Tr8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm practising the dance moves as we speak, honey! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]