Wednesday 4 July 2012

A spangled star



Apparently our American chums are celebrating some kind of bloody revolution across the pond today. Being a child of the Empire I can only agree with dear old Oscar Wilde: "America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

However, in deference to the tea-deniers in the ex-colonies, here is something rather special to celebrate!

Loathe as I do any of these horrible talent shows - this is worth it...


Prince Poppycock

Journalist and political strategist James P Lucier (in the Daily Mail of course) writes about American Independence Day

2 comments:

  1. I think America's Got Talent might have a bigger budget than the UK version - which I never watch … but I don't remember Susan Boyle get a hot air balloon.

    Fab performance - I wonder what mainstream America made of him?

    PS : I'd kill for his wig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd need a bloody hefty balloon for Miss Boyle...

      Jx

      PS His costumes are fabulous!

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]