Sunday 5 August 2012

I cry me a river that leads to your ocean



Happy 61st birthday today to Miss Cheryl Lau Sang, better known as Samantha Sang, one of many one-hit-wonders in that remarkable year of 1978.

I had quite forgotten how terrifying-looking this woman was... However, the BeeGees-penned Emotion remains an eternal classic:


It's over and done
But the heartache lives on inside, oh
And who is the one you're clingin' to
Instead of me tonight?

And where are you now
Now that I need you?
Tears on my pillow
Wherever you go

I cry me a river
That leads to your ocean
But you never see me fall apart
In the words of a broken heart
It's just emotion that's taken me over
Tied up in sorrow, lost in my soul
But if you don't come back
Come home to me, darling
You know that there'll be
Nobody left in this world to hold me tight
Nobody left in this world to kiss good night
Good night, good night, good night
Good night


You can obtain a copy of the lady's "Greatest Hits" (a remarkably short CD I imagine) at the Samantha Sang official website. With every order they will send you a Love & Emotion Pack, which apparently includes a personally signed photograph from Samantha. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]