Tuesday 7 August 2012

There's some kind of magic inside



Marvin Hamlisch, the multi-talented, multi-award-winning composer of The Way We Were, One (Singular Sensation), What I Did For Love and dozens of other songs for the likes of Babs, Liza, Leslie Gore and Aretha Franklin; the mastermind behind glitzy shows such as Liza With a Z and A Chorus Line; and orchestrator of music for Bond movies and other mega-hits such as The Sting and Sophie's Choice (and much, much more), has died at 68 after a short illness.

A very sad and sudden loss indeed.

Here's Miss Carly Simon with a fitting tribute...


RIP

Marvin Hamlisch obituary

Read my blog on the occasion of his birthday in 2010

4 comments:

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]