Sunday 16 September 2012

How do you describe a legend?



It's Miss Lauren Bacall's 88th birthday today!

The lady herself prefers not to be called a "legend", despite the fact that the term seems to have been coined for her. For how else do you describe one of the greatest survivors of that Golden Era of Hollywood?

I have featured some of Miss Bacall's shining moments before - notably here, and I have no doubt featured this clip before.

However, some things are just too fantabulosa not to have a repeat airing, so here is the lady herself camping it up in "the gay bar scene" from Applause (the musical adaptation of All About Eve) - enjoy!


Miss Bacall is our latest exhibit in the Dolores Delargo Towers Museum of Camp...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]