Tuesday 2 October 2012

The return of Miss Orange





Just in time to be too late for my (ir)regular round-up of newer music yesterday, news comes (via the lovely Mike at Pop Trash Addict) that our very favourite Spanish popstrel Mónica Naranjo has released a new single! Unfortunately in English (I think we prefer her operatic histrionics when the lyrics are completely incomprehensible...) it's Make You Rock:


In case anyone is in any kind of doubt that Senorita Naranjo is the towering deity of uber-camp Hispanic fabulosity, here are just a few examples of why we at Dolores Delargo Towers love her sooo much!




Facts about Monica:
  • She is one of the world's best-selling Spanish-language acts of the last two decades, selling two million copies of her second album Palabra de Mujer alone.
  • Her third album Minage was a tribute to another Patron Saint, the Italian singer Mina.
  • She duetted with the famed flamenco diva Rocío Jurado on Punto de Partida in 2005, in the very final television appearance of "La más grande" before her death.
  • Make You Rock is her first English release since 2002.
Monica Naranjo provided the soundtrack to many a happy Spanish holiday. We love her!

2 comments:

  1. "Amor Y Lujo" has been a big fave of mine for quite some time now, but somehow I never got around to check out more of her stuff. I love her new song as well, must keep an eye out in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been a firm fave for many years now. Even hearing "Europa" makes me feel like I'm in Spain on holiday... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]