Tuesday 8 January 2013

All Saints' Day



It's that time of year again... A day of patron saints.

Two icons - the most influential in my development as the bitter and twisted old queen who appears before you today - Dame Shirley Bassey and Mr David Bowie share a birthday!

As you will no doubt already be aware, I did a mega-tribute (among many) to Dame Shirl this time last year, on the occasion of her 75th birthday. Needless to say, here she is again, with an appropriate level of marabou, to belt out the gayest of gay anthems one more time - This Is My Life:


And, of course, my tribute to Mr Bowie's 65th birthday last year was so extensive it took two parts - read them here and here.

Keeping it firmly on the gay side, here's my theme tune once more...


Queen Bitch, indeed!

Many happy returns to two very special people.

6 comments:

  1. After the news about the new Bowie album I am fully expecting the Dame to announce a new album as well later today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...or a DUET?! Jx

      (PS and throw Kylie in for good measure?)

      Delete
  2. sad that i never got to see her in person
    since her lps were the soundtrack of a
    huge chunk of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much to my shame, I have never seen Dame Shirl live either. I only hope she does perform again, and at a time and price that will enable me to achieve my ambition! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]