Friday 7 June 2013

The sun will come out



It's the end of another frustrating week, Spring has finally arrived in force in the UK, and we have a long overdue visit from our mad Irish friend TJ this weekend.

It is also the 85th birthday of the remarkably prolific composer Charles Strouse - who wrote such musicals as Bye Bye Birdie,, Applause and Nick & Nora and the scores for Bonnie and Clyde and The Night They Raided Minsky's, and much more.

So let us celebrate the coming sunny weekend - and get ready to party! - with a most appropriate song from Mr Strouse's most famous musical Annie, featuring none other than our Patron Saint Grace Jones and her inimitable version of Tomorrow:


Thank Disco It's Friday! Have a fab one...

4 comments:

  1. I love that version - like I have said before, I think the first three disco albums from Grace are just as good as anything she released afterwards.

    Have a great weekend - I intend to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Miss Jones can put a foot wrong, my dear... [And I wouldn't have the guts to tell her if she did!] Jx

      Delete
  2. sun? minnesota has no sun.
    minnesota is britain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "You know, this reminds me of the big dance back in St. Olaf to kick off Pretzel Week."

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]