Saturday 12 October 2013

Heaven, I'm in heaven



BBC 2 seems to be having a bit of a "Fred and Ginger fest" today, bringing back the traditional idea of showing old classic black'n'white musicals in the afternoon (as they always used to when I was younger).

I am in the mood for the music of Irving Berlin and some beautifully-executed Art Deco dance scenarios (when am I not?), so without further ado let us indulge ourselves in the elegance of Let's Face the Music and Dance:


And here, from today's matinee Carefree is their wonderful "hypnotic dance" to Change Partners:


How life should be.

Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers

4 comments:

  1. "Let's Face the Music" may be not only my favorite Fred and Ginger moment, but my very favorite moment of film, period. Incredible stuff, and so perfect for a rainy fall morning - a thousand thanks, caro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome, my sweet! It is always good to find the perfect antidote to S.A.D... Jx

      Delete
  2. if only all i had to face today was the music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "There may be trouble ahead
      But while there's moonlight and music
      And love and romance
      Let's face the music and dance"


      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]