Monday 10 March 2014

Spring, Sara and sequins


Magnolia flowers, Kew Gardens, yesterday

Two things to celebrate today - the arrival of Spring (at last) in the UK and the fact that had she lived, the utterly magnificent Señorita Sara Montiel would have celebrated her 86th birthday.

On this Tacky Music Monday, let us pay due homage to the sheer campness of this extraordinary lady with a suitably OTT video of hers, replete with her pink-clad safety gays - she's Super Sara!


We miss her.

Have a good week, folks!

Sara Montiel (10th March 1928 – 8th April 2013)

A previous tribute to La Leyenda

4 comments:

  1. So glad you got to Kew and caught the magnolias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is food for the soul, dear, and makes even a Monday in the office seem bearable... Jx

      Delete
  2. I would imagine that blasting "Super Sara" in the office could also make Monday a bit more fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been dancing to it on my desk all morning. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]