Thursday 7 August 2014

Push aside those that whisper never



From the BBC website comes an intriguing piece of news:
Re-formed 1980s band Culture Club feature among a line-up of concerts with the BBC Philharmonic designed to broaden the appeal of orchestral music.

[The band], who announced their comeback earlier this year, will revisit their acclaimed 1983 album Colour by Numbers accompanied by the 90-strong BBC Philharmonic.

The record featured their chart-topping hit Karma Chameleon and songs Church of the Poisoned Mind and It's a Miracle.
I can't wait to hear this!

One song in particular - my favourite of the whole album - should be an absolute treat:


Colour By Numbers Wikipedia entry.

8 comments:

  1. Yep, that's my favourite too, I wasn't much taken with the rest of their music though, I find Karma Chameleon really annoying.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Karma Chameleon" is one of those songs I never need to hear again. The most annoying of all their back catalogue, however, was "War Song" - drove me utterly bats even when it was first released! Jx

      Delete
  2. Same here!
    Frankie Goes To Hollywood had Two Tribes, which was brilliant, and then I thought Culture Club tried to jump on the band wagon with that silly War Song.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "War is stupid
      and people are stupid
      And I heard them banging
      on hearts and fingers."


      Inciteful lyrics. Not.

      Jx

      Delete
  3. The tune was only a couple of notes short of a nursery rhyme as well.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting! And yes, "Victims" remains a masterpiece and absolutely the best thing they ever recorded.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]