Monday 6 July 2015

With a bit of stimulation I'd be a great sensation



It is the 84th birthday today of one of the great survivors in the genre known as "Our Kind of Music", Miss Della Reese.

Being particularly fond here at Dolores Delargo Towers of her "cha-cha-cha" era, on this Tacky Music Monday, as we ease ourselves back into the grind of the office for yet another week of insufferable nonsense, here's the lady herself singing her classic Daddy - as interpreted in dance...


Hey, Daddy! I want a diamond ring, bracelets, everything
Daddy, you oughtta get the best for me
Hey, Daddy, gee, don't I look swell in sables?
Clothes with Paris labels?
Daddy, you oughtta get the best for me

Here's 'n'amazing* revelation
With a bit of stimulation
I'd be a great sensation
I'd be your inspiration

Daddy, I want a brand new car, champagne, caviare
Daddy, you oughtta get the best for me

Hey, Daddy, I want a diamond ring, bracelets, everything

Daddy, you oughtta get the best for me
Hey, Daddy, gee, don't I look swell in sables?
Clothes with Paris labels?
Daddy, you oughtta get the best for me

Here's 'n'amazing revelation
With a bit of stimulation
I'd be a great sensation
I'd be your inspiration

Daddy, I want a brand new car, champagne, caviare
Daddy, daddy
You oughtta get the best for me, la-dah


Indeed.

PS The dancers are called Karina Smirnoff and Slavik Kryklyvyy, apparently. The first sounds like a cocktail, the second a rather admirable Scrabble score. They dance beautifully, so we'll forgive them.

Have a good week, folks!

Della Reese (born Delloreese Patricia Early, 6th July 1931)

2 comments:

  1. I do love Della - a rather late happy birthday from moi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can picture you "cha-cha-cha-ing" round your living room as we speak... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]