Monday 9 November 2015

I simply couldn't be bad



Miss Hedy Lamarr gets a Google Doodle on her birthday [well... she wasn't just a stunningly beautiful film star - she did invent Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, I suppose].

The equally impressive Miss Dorothy Dandridge [above], who shares her birthday - and died, prematurely, 50 years ago - doesn't get anything.

Never mind - on this Tacky Music Monday it is a rather rare appearance by the latter that I have selected to cheer us up as we prepare for another week's toil!


Have a good week, folks.

Dorothy Jean Dandridge (9th November 1922 – 8th September 1965)

4 comments:

  1. Has anyone ever paused to consider the sheer mind blowing weirdness of the life and times of Hedy Lammar? Had she never existed I don't think any novelist would have come up with her life as a fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remarkable woman. Is it any wonder that everyone from Louis B. Mayer to Andy Warhol adored her? Jx

      Delete
    2. don't forget me, i adored her too!

      Delete
    3. And poor Miss Dandridge still fades into the background, it seems. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]