Tuesday 5 April 2016

Bumpy night, indeed



It is the birthday today of the mother of all of us, arch Patron Saint Miss Bett..e Davis! [Said in the style of the inimitable Charles Pierce, of course.]

Sharing a birthday today with such diverse characters as Gregory Peck, Nigel Hawthorne, Jane Asher, eccentric film-maker Peter Greenaway, French cabaret pioneer Mistinguett, decadent poet Algernon Swinburne, James Bond producer "Cubby" Broccoli and the delightful John Le Mesurier, Hollywood's ultimate "Grande Dame" would have been 108 years old.

By way of a tribute, I have no qualms about revisiting a classic I raved about five years ago - here (again), for your delectation, is Pshycotic Beats and Bumpy Night:


Ruth Elizabeth "Bette" Davis (5th April 1908 – 6th October 1989)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]