Monday 20 June 2016

I met him on a Monday and my heart stood still



One would never think that this is MID-summer Day, judging by the apocalyptic Blade Runner downpours we are experiencing this morning. As if we needed anything to make Mondays more grim and despicable than usual...

Thank heavens for Scopitone, I say!

For on this countdown-to-Pride Tacky Music Monday - which also happens to be the birthday of lead vocalist Dolores "La La" Brooks - we're entering the technicolour rainbow-tinted world of The Crystals, with their classic Da Doo Ron Ron:


And if that doesn't cheer you up, there is no hope...

Summer Solstice

2 comments:

  1. I love the effect of "almost" practicing enough these girls bring to it. Do they care? No, the do not care. How much prissy perfection do you need for a song titled Da Do Ron Ron?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choreography was never a speciality of Scopitone productions. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]