Monday 15 August 2016

Like the beat, beat, beat of the tom tom



After a fabulous fortnight's break, it is time to bite the bullet and accept it - I am not Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham after all. I do, indeed, have to return to work. Oh dear.

However, there is - on this Tacky Music Monday - some respite. After all, who could not be but cheered up by the spectacle of our peerless Patron Saint of Trashy Italiana, Signorina Raffaella Carrà, singing a beloved Cole Porter standard, in "space", accompanied by a bevy of safety gays and other assorted backup clad as (variously) eye-patched robots, glittery space angels, and, most bizarrely of all multiple Aladdin Sanes?

Not moi!


If you thought Marika Rokk was weird, think on.

Have a good week, peeps! I won't.

4 comments:

  1. Words fail me, rather fab though.
    Roll on the next holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to live in Raffaella's world... Jx

      Delete
  2. I get more of a contact high from that video, than I do from the pot smoke wafting from my neighbor's patio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who needs drugs when you have Italian television? Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]