Thursday 22 September 2016

If I knew you were comin' I'd 've baked a cake



Never mind Syria, the NHS funding crisis, proposed historical pardons for gay men convicted of "victimless crimes", Mark Zuckerberg thinking he is god, or even the impending Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie divorce - the big headline news across all our newspapers is...

...the fact that venerable cookery expert Mary Berry is staying with the Beeb, after her show The Great British Bake-Off [popular televisual fare, M'Lud] was bought by rival network Channel 4.

Whoo-hoo.*

Never having watched the show, I can't really comment, but here she is cooking an "exotic dish" way back in 1976 - Lasagne!


[*Mind you, if Monty Don ever decided to leave Gardeners' World, that would be a different matter...]

2 comments:

  1. It's all about soggy bottoms, m'dear, and floury baps.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “It’s all in the wrist action” apparently. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]