Friday 13 January 2017

I'm gonna burst your bubble; the fun has just begun



Sad news has arrived of the death of Larry Steinbachek [he with the - ahem - large talent, on the left of the above photo], keyboardist of the fabulous Bronski Beat. He was only 56.

To round off a hectic working week, and to get us in a party mood (for what promises to be a rather wintry weekend), what better than the boppy combination of the Bronskis and our Patron Saint of Purr-fection, Miss Eartha Kitt?

You'd better give her those Cha-Cha Heels!


RIP, Larry.... and Thank Disco It's Friday [the Thirteenth - gulp]!

6 comments:

  1. here here!!!!! I also can't help but notice, they all have such huge feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what they say about men with big feet?

      Big shoes.

      Jx

      Delete
  2. Aagh, I loved the Bronskis - being a "Smalltown Boy" myself. I still have that cassette single of "Cha Cha Heels" with the fab B-side (on a cassette?) Eartha's "My Forgotten Men". Good to see wee Jimmy still around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were myriad, those "Smalltown Boys", back in 1984 [the year I came out]...

      And, as for "My Discarded Men" - here 'tis, me dear!

      Jx

      Delete
  3. Yes, I realised my mistake after I logged out for the day. 2008 was quite a year too then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather scary to think we lost Miss Kitt, Yma Sumac, Estelle Getty, Dody Goodman and Cyd Charisse that year alone... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]