Wednesday 5 July 2017

Zombie Drag Queens



It's another scorcher today! But how did I spend the day? Preparing for, and attending, an interview [for a higher grade post in our team]. Fingers crossed I did OK - despite the beads of sweat trickling off me...

Hey ho.

In the "real" world, we're continuing our countdown to Gay Xmas this weekend!

And what better way to jolly the situation up than to revisit an old favourite here at Dolores Delargo Towers? Before GaGa stole her image, the world of weird dressing-up campery more-or-less belonged to today's birthday girl Miss Róisín Murphy [along with the likes of Miss Grace Jones]. And we love her!

Here's her magnificent Movie Star to keep us in the mood for the impending party - let us hope we don't encounter any zombie drag queens en route:



I'm a trusting soul not ashamed of living dangerously
And I'm a headstrong girl, I'm afraid I won't be told
I feel my destiny is only 'round the corner
Sugar daddy promised me I'll be sitting on top of the world

He saw my naked ambitions said I would leave them wanting more
That could be crazy wishing we could ever have it all
Have it all, have it all

We'll make a movie, we'll break into cinema
You'll be director and I'll be your movie star
We'll make a movie, the darlings of cinema
You'll be director and I'll be your movie star

So he's a headstrong guy and perhaps I shouldn't listen
There's a million girls wanna be in my position
If he tells me lies I'll suspend my disbelieving
I leave it all behind, I ain't asking for permission

Feels like a new beginning and there's so much to explore
It's not so crazy thinking we could really have it all
Have it all, have it all

We'll make a movie, we'll break into cinema
You'll be director and I'll be your movie star
We'll make a movie, the darlings of cinema
You'll be director and I'll be your movie star


Many happy returns, Róisín Marie Murphy (born 5th July 1973)

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed indeed. When do you find out?

    Oh, and happy birthday to Róisín! I have a hankering to watch Shaun of the Dead now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I will find out by the end of the week, but nothing is certain. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]